Sunday, February 6, 2011

Definition Proposal: Windows

The word I will be defining is windows. Windows could be an opening in a house, but for this paper I will be defining it as an ancient operating system that is faulty and needs to be replaced. The reason for be defining windows is to start a discussion in order to find a way to replace it. It is important to me because it has been a faulty operating system that has troubled my friends who want to be computer science. I will be writing this paper to try and poke a little fun at how they treat windows as the anti-christ. The audience of my paper will be my nerdy friends who get very mad at windows.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I could see this working, particularly as a slightly sarcastic piece. One BIG caveat: you are defining windows, not evaluating it. We're doing evaluations with the next paper. So as your think about and structure this paper be sure to do it in a way that the definition of windows is what is central here. That is "what is windows?" becomes the core of the sarcastic argument. That is, windows has become synonymous with a certain set of characteristics and through this you can write this argument.

    Another caveat: do they still think of windows this way after Windows 7? It seems to me that the opinion of Windows has changed quite a bit since that came out? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to change my topic to binary. The definition of binary is usually a mathamatic number system comprised of ones and zeros, but for this paper I will be defining it as a way of thinking. This way of thinking is very close to seeing the world in black and white. I am defining binary because it is how I see the world. My goal is to introduce the idea that physophy can be combined with mathmatics. My auidence will be people who might not see the world in black or white but in shades of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disregard the last post I will be writing about windows.

    ReplyDelete